How do you prevent no-shows to appointments? It’s a question many businesses ask, no matter the product or service they provide.
If you’re involved in lead generation, it’s especially important to make sure your customers show up for appointments. After all, if people don’t show up for their appointment then that means you’ve wasted time and resources trying to get them there – not to mention the potential loss of revenue.
Fortunately, there are a few simple things you can do to help ensure that your customers arrive for their appointment:
Here are our tried and tested methods:
- Use an online calendar such as Calendly or Acuity Scheduling to manage appointments. These tools make it easy for customers to select a time that works best for them, ensuring they’re less likely to miss their appointment.
- Set up automatic reminders via text or email. You can set these reminders up in advance so that your customers receive a gentle reminder a few days before the appointment, as well as one on the day itself. This is a great way to make sure your customers don’t forget about their appointment.
- Make sure you have all the necessary information from customers before they arrive for their appointment. If possible, try to get contact details such as email or phone number to ensure that you can reach out if needed.
- Call the contact 48 hours in advance to remind them of the appointment. This can be done either over the phone or via email. You can also use this opportunity to answer any questions they may have and confirm that the time and date are still convenient for them.
- If they don’t appear on the zoom/teams call pick up the phone to them and call them. Try to find out why they didn’t show up and if possible reschedule the appointment.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your customers show up for their appointments, saving you time and money in the process.
People are people and they have other things happening in their lives apart from the appointment so there will still be no-shows, but by having a process in place you can minimise them.
At the end of the day, prevention is better than cure, and with these tips, you should be able to reduce no-shows at your appointments significantly.
We do the above for every single one of our clients.
If you interested in how we can land you between three and six qualified appointments with your dream prospects every month then book your FREE call with us here.